Keyword Research is one of the most important but overlooked online marketing fundamentals. It ultimately determines your success or failure in Internet Marketing. Your SEO as well as your pay per click campaigns rely on the use of titles and keywords that actually have search volume and reasonable competition.
- Many people simply put up a website hoping to be found, without doing any research into what words people actually use to find their products and services, or the solution or functionality they provide. In other cases, people target keywords they think are used a lot, but are not used at all.
- Essentially keyword research involves finding out how people search on the web for the benefits or functionality that your products and services provide, and most importantly, how many searches are estimated per month. For example, if you have a video player that can play all formats, you can be sure users will be searching Google and other search engines for “dvd player software”, “flv player”, free video player” etc.
- If Google published their monthly search volumes per keyword, keyword research would be easy, but unfortunately they don’t. This means you need to use third party keyword services, tools, and utilities, which gather search volume data from many 2nd and 3rd tier search engines.
- These services provide an IDEA of the search volume per month for keyword phrases and a good comparison of the ratio of search volume between different phrases.
- The most popular keyword research tool is Wordtracker. It provides search data including a Google “predict per day” field which predicts the search volume in Google per day based on a calculation using Googles market share and the market share of the search engines it gets its data from. We have obtained good results based on the search volume estimates that Wordtracker provides but there are many such tools and you should review a few for comparative validation.
There is always somebody that can do it better, which is the reason we provide SEO optimization and research for any budget! Moreover, ASP will teach you to fish or give you a fish.